Welcome, dear reader, to The Math Less Traveled! Do any of the following apply to you?
- You are a high school student.
- You are not a high school student.
- You are intrigued by the idea that mathematics can be fun and beautiful.
- You took Geometralgebralculunometry III with Mrmrs. Soandsowhatserisface and had such a terrible, horrible, no-good very bad experience that you have now decided that you HATE math.
- You enjoy trying to solve challenging math problems.
- You hate solving challenging math problems but don’t mind reading about their (interesting and beautiful) solutions.
If so, you’ve come to the right place! Whether you are a math nerd, a closet math lover, a math hater willing to give it a second chance, or just curious, I hope you will be able to find things here to intrigue and inspire you: fractions and fractals, infinities and intuitions, numbers and nuances, and most importantly, beauty.
(If you are intrigued but want to know more — who I am, what this blog is really all about (world domination, of course), what sorts of math you might find here — check out the “about” pages linked to from the right margin.)