It’s a little hard to believe, but The Math Less Traveled recently had its 10th anniversary! I started it back in March 2006, while I was teaching high school math. Since then I’ve written 333 posts (a bit more than one every 11 days on average) with over 2000 comments. Here are just a few of my personal favorite posts:
- The Nuclear Pennies Game
- Distributing cookies: solutions
- The hyperbinary sequence and the Calkin-Wilf tree
- Triangular number equations via pictures: solutions
- Computing with decadic numbers
- Mystery curve, animated
- Post without words #5, explained
- An amazingly symmetric icosahedron edge coloring
Probably my most controversial post (and the one that generated the most traffic!) was this one, where I (somewhat snarkily) debunked a claimed proof of the Collatz conjecture.
Also, a lot of my most popular posts have been part series of posts exploring topics or explaining proofs in depth, which are all collected here.
It’s been a ton of fun and I’ve learned a lot. Thanks for reading—here’s to the next ten years of beautiful math!
Robert Campanini Australia